Finnish Game Incubator, apply by 22.10.2021
Do you have a game studio who wants help in finding the right market or to find publishers and investors?
Are you a part of a Finland-based game team or company looking for mentoring from the best of Finland’s game development industry? Finnish Game Incubator returns again in November 2021 to give mentoring to game teams looking for direction in the game industry. We help with everything from teaching you game production to fundraising.
Together with the city of Tampere, Business Tampere and Ahlman, Pyry Takkunen (Adjective Animal) and Joni Lappalainen (Dreamloop Games) have made a business coaching plan that will feature all you need to make your starting game studio into a business. Our mentors are CEOs, marketing professionals and other game industry veterans; picked just for you. This coaching is completely free for everyone who gets picked. Spaces are limited, so act fast!
Fully remote on Discord, the 10 week coaching features best-in-business game developer mentors to hone your pitching skills, learn game business and get help from top gaming industry influencers!
- Get the best in business advice in hands-on sessions with veteran games industry mentors
- Weekly crash course in all topics of game development; from idea to release
- Learn to pitch and sell your games on any platform
- Critique and advice from top investors and talent in the industry
- Culminates in a Demo Day event, where you get to pitch for both investors and mentors
- Fully remote on Discord, so you can participate remotely with your team
- During the coaching you will receive the needed knowledge to earn an Further vocational qualification for Entrepreneurs degree from Ahlman
- At the end of the coaching the game teams will show their knowledge with a final thesis, with the central document being a game studio business plan
During the coaching you will learn everything you need to run a game studio – all the coaches and mentors are there for your team for the duration of the course and beyond. Ahlman entrepreneurship coach Minna Erkko is responsible for coaching of the attached Entrepreneurship degree.
The format is simple – the program is attended by mentors who have been in the game industry for a long time. Once a week in a shared keynote they share their knowledge with the picked teams. And after the keynote in scheduled 1-on-1 mentoring sessions you will get tailored mentoring for your specific business case. The mentoring culminates in a huge Demo Day event where teams get to pitch for the masses.
Finnish Game Incubator has already run for three batches and has been attended by 20 game studios. 95% of the teams recommend the course for other teams. We pick the teams with the most potential to succeed in our application process, who need the most help.
Finnish Game Incubator 2021 begins November 2021. Applications are accepted from 1.9.2021 to 22.10.2021. Sign up today – spaces are limited!